Exclusive Premiere: JNNA - Since U Been Gone


What a pleasure this is to introduce something soothing and beautiful for this Friday post. LA based singer/songwriter JNNA has released a cover for Kelly Clarkson's world famous hit "Since U Been Gone". Originally the legendary Max Martin and Dr. Luke produced wrote and produced this song as a proper power ballad, however there's not much left of that spirit on this version of the song. This in my mind also makes it stand out and gives the song new life and to be honest, I actually prefer it this way. With the help of Tyzo Bloom, whom she also worked with on his track "Closer To You", they've found an absolute sweet spot.

Alongside the track, they've made a music video, which you can check out below:

About the project, JNNA said: 

"It's so awesome that I had the opportunity to use a song I've loved since I was a little girl and make it into something of my own. While working on the cover, Casey (Tyzo Bloom) and I knew that we wanted to change it from a girl power pop track into more of a melancholic breakup song. As for the video, this was my first experience filming a music video and I'm so lucky to have friends that we're willing to help me actualize it."

Without further ado, here is JNNA's cover of "Since U Been Gone".






Follow JNNA on social media: FACEBOOK // TWITTER

Comments

  1. Amazing! Love this version of a classic much better than the original. JNNA has a beautiful, soulful and haunting voice. The video is a perfect companion showing her more playful side alongside the very handsome boyfriend. LOVE everything about this! Thx for showcasing! ������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! I will share this :D I also love that doug is in this too! Great job to both! Amazing!!

    -Ivan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts